– ALGAE : Ulve 5 gr
– ORANGE BLOSSOM : 3 tbsp
– EGG : 3
– SUGAR : 150 g
– BUTTER : 100 g
– FLOUR : 200 g
– MILK : 50 g
– BAKING POWDER : 8 g
Madeleines with ulve and orange blossom
1. – Beat the egg and sugar until the preparation turns fluffy white.
– Add the orange blossom extract
– Whisked them up
– Add the flour and baking powder
2. – Melt the butter and add to the preparation
– Incorporate the milk (cold)
– Add the ulva to the preparation
– Let the dough rest for one day
3. – Put the dough in the madeleine molds
– Bake for 5 min. at 150 ° C
A recipe made by chef Laurent Brault of Jardin des Saveurs restaurant
To inspire you, we have asked Jardin des Saveurs chef’s Laurent Brault, to create recipes that will change your view on the use of seaweed in cooking.
Seaweeds are real allies in the kitchen! More than just a flavor enhancer, they are rich in gustatory discoveries and sometimes shake up the taste buds to reach unknown flavors and maybe even Umami! The famous “round in the mouth” flavor which completes the 4 flavors known to all (sour, bitter, sweet, salty).
Cooking with seaweed is the opportunity to develop innovative recipes, to surprise and improve classic dishes. Adding extra nutritional richness without frills to everyday dishes, more or less elaborate.