– ALGAE : Wakamé 12 g
– COCOA : 80 g
– EGG : 6 pieces
– SUGAR : 85 g
– BUTTER : 85 g
– FLOUR : 150 g
– FLOWER OF SALT
– BAKING POWDER : 11 g
Chocolate chip cookies with vanilla & Wakame
1. – Beat the egg and the sugar, until the mixture turns fluffy white.
– Add the vanilla extract
2. – Work the butter to soften into creamy consistency.
– Incorporate the butter into the egg + sugar mixture
– Let the mixture rise up
– Add the flour and baking powder, stir again.
– Add the crushed chocolate and the wakame
3. – Form small balls with the dough on a baking sheet
– Bake the cookies for 10 min. at 180°C
Serve and enjoy at a room temperature
A recipe made by chef Laurent Brault of Jardin des Saveurs restaurant
To inspire you, we have asked Jardin des Saveurs chef’s Laurent Brault, to create recipes that will change your view on the use of seaweed in cooking.
Seaweeds are real allies in the kitchen! More than just a flavor enhancer, they are rich in gustatory discoveries and sometimes shake up the taste buds to reach unknown flavors and maybe even Umami! The famous “round in the mouth” flavor which completes the 4 flavors known to all (sour, bitter, sweet, salty).
Cooking with seaweed is the opportunity to develop innovative recipes, to surprise and improve classic dishes. Adding extra nutritional richness without frills to everyday dishes, more or less elaborate.