|Packaging||10 kg bag|
100% natural according to ISO 16128
Description of the item
A gelling agent allowing high viscosity, plant alternative to carbomer.
Ideal to obtain colorless gels with hight viscosities.
ALTER-GELIJAC is a natural, plant-based gelling agent that produces translucent, high-viscosity gels.
It is a perfect alternative to synthetic polymers. This ingredient is obtained by extracting polysccharides from the konjac’s root. It leaves a protective film on the skin and a freshness feeling. It can be used both hot and cold.
Manufacturing process :
- Natural fiber obtained by extracting polysaccharides from the roots of the Amorphophalus konjac plant which is traditionally harvested in China. The powder obtained is mainly composed of glucomanan, a composition of two sugars: mannose and glucose.
- Gelling agent for aqueous phases allowing high viscosities.
: ALTER-GELIJAC is mainly composed of glucomanan (>> 85%), a composition of two sugars: mannose and glucose.
Gelling by water molecule retention.
It requires no pH variation, no electrolytes, no heat.
- Gelling of aqueous phases
- Can be used both cold and hot process
- Thickener for emulsions
- Emulsion stabilizer
Ideal to formulate shower gels, shampoos, slimming gels, gel scrub, freshness gel masks
Graph n°1 : Viscosity of aqueous ALTER-GELIJAC gel according to % used.
- General characteristics :
- Recommanded dosage: from 0,5 to 1,5%.
- To be incorporated into water both in cold or heat process.
- Not heat sensitive until 85°C.
- Fast dissolution (do not lump)
- Thickening capacity according to pH
ALTER-GELIJAC is able to thick aqueous media over a very wide pH range, in highly acidic media and highly alkaline media (see graph below).
Graph n°2 : viscosity of an 1% aqueous ALTER-GELIJAC gel according to pH.
- Thickening effect in the presence of electrolytes
ALTER-GELIJAC can thicken media containing some elecrolytes.
Graph n°3 : viscosity of a 1% ALTER-GELIJAC gel according to the quantity of electrolytes. % NaCl used.
- Viscosity according to amphotere surfactant
ALTER-GELIJAC is compatible with Amphoteric surfactants untill 10%
Graph n°4 : viscosity of a 1% ALTER-GELIJAC gel according to the quantity of amphotere surfactant ; The test was carried out with « cocamidopropyl betaine » surfactant.
- Viscosity according to non ionic surfactant
ALTER-GELIJAC is compatible with non-ionic surfactants untill 10%.
Graph n°5 : viscosity of a 1% ALTER-GELIJAC gel according to the quantity of non ionic surfactant. The test was carried out with «caprylyl/capryl glucoside» surfactant.
- Viscosity according to anionic surfactants
The gel’s viscosity obtained doesn’t change over time;
We observe a change in the gel’s appearance with 20% anionic surfactant concentration. The gel becomes more slimy.
Graph n°6: viscosity of a 1% ALTER-GELIJAC gel according to the quantity of anionic surfactant.
- Viscosity according to cationic surfactant
ALTER-GELIJAC can thickens media containing cationic surfactant.
The viscosity of the gels obtained doesn’t change over time.
Graph n°7 : viscosity of a 1% ALTER-GELIJAC gel according to the quantity of cationic surfactant.The test was carried out with «Cetrimonium chloride» surfactant.
- INCI : Glucomannan
- Appearence : white powder
- OK China
The available references